We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced
Our UK Government has today announced taxes paid by women for tampons will be used to fund anti-abortion organisations.
Turn your anger into action by joining with us to fight back through the Feminist Action Network.
FAN brings campaigners together in common cause to show the power of equality to change the lives of everyone for the better.
Here are five ways you can do that today:
- The UK Government has given £250,000 of public money to Life, the anti-abortion organization, from the so called tampon tax fund. If you believe this decision is wrong demand Ministers review this decision here.
- On Tuesday 18th April from 6 - 7.30pm we will be running a "Circular Firing Up Squad" in parliament. This is a free, non partisan women's leadership workshop open to any woman aged 16 or over to help inspire herself and others onto positions of power and influence in their own lives- to book your place at this event please email to RSVP.
- 70% of those claiming bereaved parents allowance are women- on the 6th April the Government is cutting this help and says this is because women now work. Help us challenge this decision by writing to your MP here to support grieving parents.
- Holler4 are organsing flashmob choirs across the country to support the #icantkeepquiet campaign following the women’s march. They’re holding a workshop on Saturday 8th April Sign up here to join one of these choirs.
- Horrified by recent court cases involving violence against women? A new consultation has started on the sentencing of intimidatory offences and domestic abuse. Have your say here now.
Please share this information and spread the word about how we can take action together to make a positive difference.
Any activists that would like to be part of our #FAN2017 network and receive updates on campaigns should email email@example.com with FAN2017 in the title.