Who can Stella help?
Stella can only help in cases raised by people who live in her constituency, which covers Walthamstow (E17) and a few streets in Leyton (E10) and Highams Park (E4), if you are not a constituent please contact your local MP.
You can find out who your local MP is by entering your postcode here.
Please note that if you are contacting Stella on behalf of a friend or family member she will need their consent over the ‘phone or in writing before taking action.
What can Stella help you with?
Stella can help you with any matter for which Parliament or central government is responsible, such as matters relating to:
- Department for Work and Pensions (problems to do with benefits, pensions or allowances) – for more information click here*
- Housing – for more information click here*
- Immigration and Asylum – for more information click here*
- Queries and complaints about NHS or other local medical facilities – for more information click here*
- Issues regarding tax – for more information click here*
- Education – for more information click here*
Stella doesn't have any control over Waltham Forest Council and if your problem relates to the local authority, the first contact should be with your local councillors. You can check who your ward councillors are here.
Waltham Forest Council has responsibility for matters such as:
- Housing – allocations, repairs, problems with landlords
- Finance – Council tax, Housing and Council Tax Benefit, rent arrears
- Schools – allocation of school places, complaints
- Social services – carers, Child Protection,
- Environmental health - noise nuisance, trading standards, public health
- Parking and enforcement
- Waste Services - refuse collection/ street cleaning/fly-tipping
- Public highways – potholes, road repairs, street lighting, traffic problems
- Leisure facilities – libraries, parks, sports centres
How can Stella help?
Stella and her team can help constituents by raising concerns with the relevant department or official or writing to the relevant Minister, many problems can be solved in this way. Our constituent cases are dealt with in terms of how urgent the case is, so please note that due to the volume of correspondence Stella receives, helping constituents with urgent personal problems has to take priority over responding to correspondence on political issues.
This survey has no published questions.